Orange Five EVO LE (Limited Edition) Large FRAME ONLY, IN STOCK NOW
1 in stock
The Five Evo is exceptional. It out-performs longer travel bikes in a manner you wouldn’t believe. Right at the start, we said these bikes are about geometry, and the Five Evo demonstrates how the new Evo geometry works to perfection. This is the 140/130 27.5 wheeled version. Bang on the money for rocky, twisty singletrack trails where surefooted manoeuvrability is your main priority. Its reactive response and composure are inspiring.
Instantly, you can see the frames are Orange, with our distinctive layout and profiles. They are fabricated in 6061-T6 Aluminium by the craftsmen at our Halifax Frame Works. Brand new tooling and jigs were specifically built and developed for these new models, leaving no stone unturned when it comes to new frames’ feature list.
The laterally stiff single-pivot platform is a format we feel we own. We have more experience with this suspension system than any other bike company out there. For us, working with component manufacturers to achieve the perfect shock tunes for our frames is one of the most exciting aspects of the job. It’s a two-way street as the Orange single-pivot system is a perfectly clean platform for manufacturers to develop their shocks with too, So it’s a win-win situation for everyone.
The Evo frames have all the features you would expect from Orange and a few touches you probably may not notice at first glance. To mention a few:
- The Evo’s offset asymmetric pivot gives us scope to run various sizes of chainring or chain-lines (hey, you never know).
- The geometry is designed for a reduced offset fork which allows us to lengthen the cockpit and keep the riders weight balanced in the sweet spot, while making the most of the front wheel’s grip in turns.
- Small details like bottle bosses, cleaner cable routing and space for piggy-back shocks – even on a short travel-platform, show we’ve been listening to our test riders’ feedback and implementing subtle changes that just make everything better.
The Evo Geometry Concept
The thinking behind the Evo geometry on these two models is to bring the feel and confidence of the big-travel enduro bike into the realm of the aggressive short-travel trail bike. With a lighter frame construction and audacious angles these bikes are truly eye-opening.
The geometry has a familiar effective top tube length which means your cockpit is a comfortable space when climbing. Flip that gradient downwards, slam the dropper post and step-up out of the saddle to descend and the Evo comes into its own. The long reach gives the rider plenty of space to move around the bike, keeping the weight over the front wheel – this is also helped by the reduced offset fork.
The slacker Evo head angle lets the fork do its job, right it in the firing line, and keeps everything stable with its long wheel base.
Ultimately you will not believe this is a short-travel platform. Rapid, reactive and beautify balanced, the Evos defy logic. They are the Evolution of the trail bike as we know it.
Why The Five Evo
- Brand New Frame designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Single pivot suspension for the utmost performance, efficiency and reliability
- New Radically revised progressive suspension frame curve
- New Aggressive Evo geometry optimised for 140mm front/130mm rear travel
- Bottle cage mounts
- 27.5 inch wheels
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
Frame And Fork
- 6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing. Wheel Size: 27.5. Rear wheel travel: 130.
- Swingarm: Bolt Type Allen Key Head (Boost 148mm Hub)
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate 190×45
- Fork Required 140mm 27.5